Thursday, January 12, 2012

Toy Repair - Playmobil



   The captain of the HMS Chipps brought to me the results of stepping one to many times upon the toes of his first mate. Simple sailor that he was, we needed to act fast or SOTSACD (sit-on-the-shelf-and-collect-dust) would set in, the poor fellow would die, and the captain couldn't go without.

   "I'll have to get a new man!"

   "No," I said calmly," we can take care of this."

   "Get me the  drill! Now!" I shouted to my unwilling assistant Nathanial. He is only my assistant because he has a drill.

    Too much time was wasting, the captain paced back and forth.

    "He isn't listening to you!" He discovered. I ran to the door to unleash threats and urgent pleas for the drill.


   After some power struggling between my assistant and I we proceeded to ream thru the ankle bone.


   My assistant attended to the lower leg bones and thigh.

   Seeing his man under the knife, the captain left, he himself rendered useless and unable to watch the proceedings.

   As I fitted him with several pins, I couldn't help but admire the calm face of this young man. His bravery unmatched, as he lay there; I wasn't sure if he was much aware of his limited future. I also thought of the time I was investing in this wretched chap and if I could help him, would he, under this captain, survive many more adventures?

   I called the captain back in and discussed with him the probability that the foot would not reattach. I tried to consol him that this possibility was common in sailors of his caliber. The captain would hear none of it and loudly exclaimed that his foot must go back on.

   Tedious moments were spent upon this delicate procedure. An exact fitting was so important. I knew this hard captain, if the man couldn't walk, he would see to it that the lad walked...off the plank. Cruel master though he was, money could easily buy him another rogue such as this common sea rat.

   Even after many fittings, resetting the foot wasn't as easy as I had hoped, but a tight stiff ankle is better than none. I needed special glue to make a lasting bond, alas, I had naught but the glue gun. It will have to work. I nodded to my assistant, he carefully applied the bonding agent.

   We held our breath, my assistant and I, would he, that mad captain, notice that our lowly curr had one leg shorter than another?

   Jubilant, pigeon toed; yet our boy could stand, and he did! Off to sea the  sorry lot went and was never seen again that day.









   

4 comments:

  1. Haaaaahahaha I've been armed with super glue and duct take to mend all the kids presents back together

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, this drilling on the ankle made my ankle hurt! That is about what they want to do to me! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be sympathetic and understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my day Jessica! :) Arrrrr Good work Lass!

    ReplyDelete

What Do You Think?

"Like" Us On Facebook For Updates on the Products and the Produce Available at Mosquito Creek Farm

,

Share

Search This Blog