You know that you are addicted to blogging when you save a collection of really cool looking spiderwebs for some special post photo...
Then the subject arises, but the sun is shining through the wrong window, I realize that my camera doesn't catch the webs, and it just looks like what it is...
a messy window.
Subject: I have a several non-blogger friends that have expressed frustration in leaving comments on my blog. Namely my mother, she has complained, and flatly told me that this is why not many people leave comments or follow. That could be, or maybe I leave everyone dumbfounded and speechless. Or maybe, (in case you think I believe the above reference) it is too much trouble, to comment, that is. Truthfully I didn't comment until I started a blog and realized how important comments are! Of course they are, I might let on that I'm just talking to myself or something, but what I love more is conversation. And feedback. And ideas from like-minded individuals.
Apparently this is a common problem. So I found Disqus. We'll try knocking out the cobwebs and see if this makes things a little easier.
If you should so want to leave a word of wisdom or two, give this a try.
A word about following: You don't have to be a blogger to follow.
Following is only a way to show (unless you follow privately - your choice) that you are interested and want to be involved.
All that you need to do is click on join this site and it takes you to a box of choices.
Sign in using an account you've already created, such as Google or Yahoo, etc.
But you don't see a familiar icon? Then Google makes it easy to set up an account and add a profile OR not.
At first I used this just to comment on blogs and nothing else.
And when you get tired of cluttering up your life with my nonsense I will forgive you if you decide to stop following! That is very easy to do...yes, I have stop following blogs for that very reason. Click on your little picture and you should get a settings option- you can opt out of following quite easily there.
In order to receive updates when I make a new post it is probably easiest to subscribe by email, or click on a RSS feed button (that is just another way to receive blog up-dates) but never-mind, I don't have that button, so don't ask me exactly what RSS feed is! This way if you don't have a blogger dashboard to log into, you can get any new news thru your e-mail. But in order to comment (remember to do that!) you have to go to the site itself.
How boring is that!?
Let me know, grab my button and Follow me!
I see them!!!! hahaha... those look rather nice looking... mine tend to hang from the ceiling and try and choke the guests as they walk around....
ReplyDeleteBeen following foe awhile, just never left a comment....DUH! If I were blogging, i would treasure every post.....so, long story short I have been silently following and loving every post :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, she wouldnt let me dust the webs off. I was admiring them. Kinda like the ones in my brain in the morning and evening. and maybe lunchtime also..
ReplyDeleteAnyway, try out the new "comment" and "follower" system. The old one had a hard time getting thru those cobwebs in my head.
Thank you Teresa, After I published this post, i wondered if I sounded really aggressive...yuck, I don't mean that, I was trying to answer questions and in a silly way let people know that their two cents mean a lot!
ReplyDeleteComments definitely make any bloggers day! YOu didn't sound aggressive or anything!!! Loving your posts!!
ReplyDeleteWell i'm hurt. I never get any comments from you on my blog but I comment on yours all the time! ;) (gotta give ya a hard time!)
ReplyDelete