Bryon has never liked me making "New Years Resolutions" I think I understand why. But, I don't think he knew me very well when he said that. So, for one who is a habitual list maker, why not! I am an Aquarius, I'm always looking ahead. What about every Monday, when I make my week's "I resolve to get this done" list? I'm not making a vow, I am enjoying a fresh start and a new list! Part of being human is shedding off the old stale notions and looking, even leaping to improvement. Resolve is a beautiful word, so is aspire. This reminds me of that beautiful old hymn I am Resolved. I am resolved to aspire, Ha! So here we go.
Practice Hospitality- Both of us were raised by professional recluses, this does not come easy.
Field Trips and Outings with the kids: picnics and such. Believe me I'd rather stay home and start a construction project.
Calm our Sundays Down- Stop the rush. I think of this on the way to church: am I prayed up - or keyed up. This means getting-with-it earlier in the week.
Spend Less Time Messing Around. An idle moment is a mother's folly. Keep my hand mending basket close to where I sit with Bryon in the morning and have coffee...wait I usually have 1 to 3 children in my lap, and that is a wonderful way to spend a moment or two. Stop hanging out at the computer. Get my work done and get off.
Food Lifestyle Changes- we want to take our way of eating another step towards eliminating/shunning disease. So far we have seen wonderful results in ourselves and our children, but of course there is the next step to go. I want to blog about this, as healthy eating is one of my hobbies.
And of course, last but not least, the things we all long to reach and continue daily to seek:
To serve others above ourselves, to be a better mother, a more dedicated friend, a more attentive wife, a child of God more sensitive to His leading and Word.
I approved this post ha ha ha. my problem with new years resolution is that it could be an oath that cant be kept, but a list for goals in the new year is fine as far as I can tell
ReplyDeleteThe thing about wasting time, or using time unwisely is probably my worst bug a boo right now...it is on the top of MY list for the new year.
ReplyDeleteThis year I resolve not to make any resolutions!
ReplyDelete