This is not the way I wanted to spend my Sunday. Today I'm learning the hard way that I had exceeded my photo usage in Google. I only knew what was happening because last night I was looking for online storage for my photos and saw that somehow I had extensive files already stored in Picassa. What? How did I do that? I did sign up a long time ago, but didn't use it.
Oh, lets get rid of some of these pictures, this account is full. Bryon hit the delete button and barely out of the corner of my eye I spotted the fateful words..."these photos will be deleted from your blog..." to late! Stop! Fortunately they were just a few from old posts. Bryon realized that as the account was full in Picassa that probably means I'll be loosing my photos one by one off the blog. I didn't even know Picassa was related to Google! Never the less I thought I had more time than the next day! I'm sorry, but I freaked out when I saw this morning that my header was gone. All that stuff takes so much time to do let alone redo! it turned out to be an easy fix, but not before I got really excited.
Google got my five bucks. In the beginning of blogging I really did upload more than I actually used, and I'm better at that now. I guess I wished that I had known that there was this possibility. I just need to figure out how to clean up the mess...I think I'd rather hang out a load of laundry and weed a garden!
Oh, man, I feel your pain! When I first started blogging several years ago, I used the free Photobucket for my photos. Then, one horrible day, I ran out of space. Oh, the drama!!!
ReplyDeleteFinally, my brother came to my rescue and offered to host my photos for me. Whew. I was able to save all of my photos but I've STILL not gone back to the old archives of my blog to fix them all to the new photo URLs. Maybe in another couple of years, I'll find the spare time.
Wait. What's spare time??