Here's to a quick and easy Tomato Soup that beats the canned stuff any day and is made almost as fast. This is my emergency soup, as I still have plenty of jars of tomatoes and Abigail can put this one together nicely.
For Each Quart jar of tomatoes:
Puree in the blender well enough that the seeds disappear.
Onion, a few tbsp chopped finely and 1 clove of garlic. Saute onions and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil minute and add 1 tbsp paprika. Toast this a minute or two more.
Then add 1 tbsp flour and brown slightly (I use wholewheat flour so it already dark in the photo).
Add the pureed tomatoes, heat to simmer. Cook on med-lo until flour is cooked (usually for 5 minutes)
Additions: a tsp of sugar or more to taste. Add milk or cream to the whole pot or individual bowls.
Your soup looks yummy. What are you serving with the soup on the side?
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy! My recipe is lazy by comparison. I just mix equal parts tomato juice/puree and milk, add a big ol' glob of butter, and S & P.
ReplyDeleteYummy, I really like this soup and her potatoe soup!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the "Yummies"!
ReplyDeletePictured with the soup are rice patties. NOT every ones favorite, only a few like them, it's what was easy and it goes!