It started when my mother taught us at home growing up how to make our own soap. She had never been afraid to take on a new learning challenge so when my father's sensitive skin became a problem, seriously affected by commercial fragrances, my mom jumped in and started making her own soaps. It became quite popular and we started selling her bars at craft shows and art stores.
When I left home I kept making soap. I mostly made it for our own home use, and giving it away as gifts. It was only natural, then, after we got our goats to add their rich milk to our recipe. I am glad to pass the tradition along to my own children and make our soap available for others enjoyment and better health, free from harsh unnecessary chemicals.
Goat Milk Soap really is all that it's cracked up to be. Along with a few other choice ingredients, it makes for a good, long lasting, nourishing bar. Our soap is made from olive, coconut, and palm oils. Essential oils are added for scent as well as oatmeal, honey, cinnamon, almond oil, glycerine, and beeswax.
| Farmer's Daughter Laundry Bar ~ Old Fashioned Soap ~ 3.5 oz bar $5.00 Ingredients: Saponified lard, coconut or/palm oil, water, borax, essential oil of lemon, and a chuckle. |
Shaving soap, a rich lathery round, enriched with bentonite clay for facial cleansing. These are small 1 oz. disks that fit right into most shaving mugs. The blend of lavender and vanilla does not have a flowery smell but smacks of caramel.
Make your Own Soap or try some from our Etsy Store.
While every feeble effort of mine is being made to keep consistent, our soap is still hand made and will vary slightly in form, color, and scent from batch to batch. I will make a point of erring on the side of generous. Thank you for understanding!
Linked up with:
Frugal Days and Sustainable Way #24
How do I buy the laundry bar? Is not listed on the side with the other bars...
ReplyDeleteooops! Sorry about that, I noticed another flaw that needs repair. I will make this ready, and if you still would like to order by tonight. Thank You for your interest!
ReplyDeleteDelighted that I found your site, fantastic info. I will bookmark and try to visit more frequently.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteLots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.
ReplyDelete