Monday, March 25, 2013

Old Fashion Carpet Cleaning



Did you get snow? Some of us groaned that it just put spring farther down the road and others just donned their snow pants and skipped breakfast (nothing short of a snow fall merits missing breakfast) for a long romp in the snow. I myself think of snow as delightful. Especially this one, it isn't very cold out at all! 
And I got probably my last chance to clean my bedroom rug. 
This rug gets sorely abused as it is over the path which firewood is brought in, and this year's fire wood was especially barky and messy.
 
Once the rug underlay hit the snow there was the proof of considerable neglect.
I shouted for a few boys to come carry out a war dance on the rug and took care of the underlay myself.
A few minutes of this stomping and jumping we flipped the rug over to new place of clean snow to finish work on the other side. 
Then I usually wait for a tall handsome guy to come around and shake the snow off but at the rate of snow fall and melt I decided to knock off as much myself and bring the rug in to dry in front of the wood stove.
There, one project  for spring cleaning done!

1 comment:

  1. I heard lots of ways to clean carpets, but this is definitely something new for me. It's amazing to know that snow can be a great help in cleaning carpets, and seeing the dirt imprinted on the white snow just shows how effective it is. But I think it'sonly applicable with small carpets since large carpets are more difficult to dry during the winter. Anyway, thanks for sharing this wonderful tip. :)

    ---Jackelyn Lippard---

    ReplyDelete

What Do You Think?

"Like" Us On Facebook For Updates on the Products and the Produce Available at Mosquito Creek Farm

,

Share

Search This Blog