The kids and I left from the garden today after a working crew set up shop across the road and right away began to discuss every action of the day so vehemently and with such volume I was compelled to cover the closest ears to me. Poor Samuel later looked at me and said, "Do you know what they were saying, Mama?" The look on his face was a certain boyish look that comes out of knowing knowing a naughty thing with high intent on discussing it. I wasn't honored, I threatened with a mouth washing with good old fashioned soap if I heard that stuff repeated. I knew what Bryon would think if he heard the kids pass along such language: that it must be coming out from my side of the family.
Ok, getting back to the surprise. When we got back, I had a headache from probably not drinking enough water, either that or shouting at the boys for climbing in Jim's fruit trees, so I planned on sitting around relaxing a bit and reading about people who actually were working and accomplishing things. Lo and behold, turning on the computer, and reading new blog posts I discover that I had been nominated for a
AWARD!
Thank you so much, Glo! This really made my day. And I'm sure of certain others who were nominated were pleasantly pleased also, because the phone rang and HaggyHousewife and I read together the sweet things Glo had to say about our blogs. "Do you think she knows that we are sisters?" Haggy asked.
Another strange but interesting and fun thing about blogging.
'Liebster' means 'favorite' or 'dearest' in German. This award, which originated in Germany, recognizes up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
In accepting the award, the recipient agrees to:
Thank the person that gave the award and link back to their blog. That is our Glo living life Off The Grid at -30.
Copy and paste the award to your blog- I was so excited I forgot how to do this momentarily.
Reveal the 5 blogs you have chosen to award and let them know by commenting on their blog.
Hope they pay it forward by accepting and awarding it to bloggers they would like to honor.
Tune in within the next few days
as I will carefully select from my collection of favorite blogs, a handful of fine specimens for good reading.

Our church has a laundry-mat/bar in the front of the parking lot. Very rarely do we ever encounter many people there, but from time to time there are events at the church on Friday nights for the kids. They try to keep the events for off weeks (we live in a military town, pay days are the 1st and the 15th.) but sometimes it just doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the award!! i never win awards unless they're from friends. :-P
Thank you! I just popped over to your blog and your duck pen is very nice and big! Our ducks get out on the road because of a big wormy swamp is always luring them to investigate!
ReplyDelete