Saturday, October 18, 2014

Outdoor Brick Oven ~A Photo Story Part 1~

     I've thought about it all summer: how I'd write this post, in fact every time I loaded our out door brick oven I blogged about it in my head. I didn't want to talk about it until I was really comfortable with it. Truthfully, I was really afraid of it. It was a huge investment: financially- a large one, and labor intensive. It wasn't a salvage, piecemeal, whack together kind of thing. On top of that we had to - and I did, learn how to use it with out any waste of material. In other words it had to work and be finished enough to bake a summer's worth of Farmer's Market bread.

   The oven was a huge time saver, took many practice bakings and while we are still learning I am at last comfortable with the results. Today we had the shed raising for the main building structure. I am so thrilled how it is all turning out, so lovely...so slowly.


   Bryon wanted to build an out door brick oven and he did, and we helped! 
Here is our story in photos. I won't attempt to explain "how", you can get  
The Bread Builder's Book and read for your self. 
Through most of the process I was able to get a bird's eye view from our deck.
Warning: approx. 1 million photos




 


   Whew! and it still isn't finished, but it is completely operable. As the rain and snow do blow I am getting close to panicking to seal it up before much longer. Since the framework went up today with the help of friends and crane we have nothing to stop us from finishing the rock and adding a roof!

   So, have you been inspired? I would have to say this has been one of our better endeavors. I am very proud of the useful skills we have learned and of all our family teamwork, it was amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?

"Like" Us On Facebook For Updates on the Products and the Produce Available at Mosquito Creek Farm

,

Share

Search This Blog