This has been the summer from...dark dimensions.
Back up a couple of minutes. Bryon and I sat in the car after coming back from a picnic at church just sitting there talking, he's trying to get out of me why I'm in such a, er...um, less graceful mood. I gave into throes of self pity today. Among my complaints today are a stiff neck and a cracked tooth (probably the only true things to whine about). As soon as I blurted them out I wanted to get back in and finish my dress.
Cranking up the sewing machine I asked Bryon to look up one of my complaints. "Google: bloating-and-shortness-of-breath-after-eating" I called out. I have a feeling I know what it is and I need a list of dos and don'ts.
Allergies seem to be hitting me really hard this year. I am having shortness of breath that makes me consider buying an inhaler. Also after the Farmer's Market is over we are doing a diet overhaul! I can't suck my tummy in anymore, I am suspecting a digestion problem like gluten intolerance or something. We have been eating alot more white bread (albeit homemade) than we are used to. Being vegetarian I don't think this is wise. So, two more weeks then I can settle into a routine of healthier eating and more exercise!
But...I actually didn't have it figured out after all, amazing. Once again the Know-it-All didn't, I think if I'm not careful I'm going to loose my title. I was truly surprised at Bryon's search results, and of course he wasn't ( ha. The new know-it-all will be announce shortly).
STRESS, anxiety!, Anxiety attacks? No, way.
Changing my diet sounds fun, changing my life sounds, er, well, impossible.
The symptoms, and complaints were mine exactly. I laughed hysterically.
Stress!?
Now, stress is bad, we all have it, loads of it these days. I've had quite a few of my friends deal with it in seemingly romantic ways, such as lying in bed for three days (doesn't that sound so nice). Or how about loosing weight, "We are so worried about you, you've become so thin! (now, we don't want to say skinny or emaciated that might make things worse). We already sound jealous.
Yes, my vanities overwhelm me, you see now why Bryon was grilling me about my attitude.
So, I (don't) deal with stress by becoming bloated AND feeling like I am counting my lasts breaths! How romantic is that! But I thought a stiff neck was sufficient and clenching my teeth good enough. Oh, but this asphyxiation and bloating, looking 15 months pregnant is going to far.
So, (next to) the bottom line (yes, I am almost done talking about myself), I sort of am right. I am not digesting my food, and maybe our diet has been lopsided to make things worse, and it could be that I could stop taking a number of things way too seriously.
The moral of the story here is: do not just assume that someone with a pouch and labored breathing has merely gluttonized, and yes, they took to much on their plate, but it wasn't food.
* * *
Tune in next time to see if dietary changes, some good enzymes, exercise, and the end of the Farmer's Market has helped with these conditions.
This is why living back in the woods, not talking to a soul for weeks on end sounds so inviting right now...
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. Or did. I guess I'm still recovering.
ReplyDeleteMan, I need to email you...
Haggy ~ a deep woods, no computers, where my kids can run wild and be dirty without dirty looks.
ReplyDeleteDiane ~ how long does it take to recover? I seem to be 2 months behind you all the way.
ReplyDeleteLiving back in the woods, with just a pooch, and the birds and bees, not talking to or seeing anyone for days on ends.......my perfect ideal. A cellphone for occasional chats with my daughters makes it perfect.
ReplyDelete