Friday, September 30, 2011

Mosquito Creek Sawmill: In Photos And Philosophy

   Bryon has been wanting one of those Wood-Mizers for years. He got a brain storm one Saturday and used his creative juices. I was really proud of him.
   It has always been my philosophy to use what you have around you. It could have been because my parents believed that and lived it. We didn't run to the store for what we wanted: for 1- there was no such thing as Walmart (can you imagine that?), for 2- we always lived at least 40 to 60 min. away from any worthwhile store ( not that Walmart would have been very worthwhile!), for 3- well, money was scarce, and I don't think I saw a credit card until I was in my 20s. Oh, big deal, for most people it was that way, but seeing how these factors of having things plays in our lives, there really isn't much  you can't get or have unless you say, "No". This is America today.
  I asked Bryon, now that he has been messing with his saw, if it works as well as he hoped. I guess it doesn't do as well on the telephone poles as he'd like, but it does saw logs,  as nice as you might need for a tree fort.


  A tree fort. That is the next project to collect hardware and materials for.

  When you take your time on a project and take it slow there is a chance to collect materials, save the cash, maybe do some scrounging and salvaging , to find unique pieces and put them all together. This is how Bryon built our barn. It took a while, but for once we were patient and it came together so well. Now two years later, $200 later, it is done. Concerning this tree-fort, I'll have to indoctrinate the kids into that notion (of patience), they definitely want it now.






 

  

1 comment:

What Do You Think?

"Like" Us On Facebook For Updates on the Products and the Produce Available at Mosquito Creek Farm

,

Share

Search This Blog